The most obvious sign of obstructive sleep apnea is chronic, loud, and ongoing snoring. There is usually, too, persistent sleepiness during the day, including while at work or driving. This may cause the sufferer to doze off during periods of inactivity.
- Irritability, moodiness, depression
- Tiredness, fatigue, daytime sleepiness
- Sleep cessation observed by others
- Sexual dysfunction
- Weight gain
- Memory, concentration, learning problems
- Waking with headache, sore/dry throat, or gasping sensation
- Recurrent awakenings or insomnia
- Snoring that is loud and/or gasping
OPTISLEEP is a custom-designed oral appliance prescribed by your dentist to treat snoring or mild to moderate obstructive sleep apnea. It is also recommended for patients with more severe obstructive sleep apnea who are unable or unwilling to tolerate CPAP therapy and/or surgery. The two-piece appliance is designed to prevent apneas by keeping the upper airway open. The lower jaw is moved forward comfortably to relax the tissue at the back of the throat and prevent the base of the tongue from collapsing and blocking the airway
If you’re interested in Optisleep, please reach out to our dental practice at (509) 946-9313 or schedule an appointment, and we'll guide you further. You can visit us at 90 Columbia Point Drive, Richland, WA 99352, to have a consultation with our dentists.
Ready to schedule a consultation?